Monday, September 21, 2009

Emmys Highlights

The Emmys were last night!!! (like you even care...) Back in the day when there was no Comedy Central, FX, or AMC, everyone watched the same big shows on the same big networks. That's why Cosby and Seinfeld were huge hits. Now, I'm ashamed to admit I've never even seen most of the shows that are up for Emmys. I'm a couch potato and can make room for 10 shows, but that's a small percentage. Big Bang Theory? Nope. How I Met Your Mother? Yeah right. Pushing Daisies? Nobody watched it, that's why it's cancelled. Breaking Bad? Two and a Half Men? The Amazing Race? I could go on and on...

There's a reason Sunday Night Football beats the piss out of the Emmys every year. Nobody cares about seeing shows that they don't watch winning awards, it's as simple as that. I'm not even going to list the winners here because I don't care (except Michael Emerson finally won as Ben Linus on LOST!!!!!!). What I will show is two highlights.

Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog is an awesome 45 minute web movie that took home a creative arts Emmy, and NPH performed a humorous skit in the middle of the show when he "hijacked" the Emmys.



Also, Ricky Gervais is the greatest presenter in awards history. He would be the greatest HOST in awards history if somebody was brave enough to give him a microphone and live audience for 3 hours, but that's a long shot.

No comments: