Wednesday, April 29, 2009

FILM: Seth Rogen = Orlando Bloom?

*Posted March 28, 2009*

Someone once told me, "You must be a big fan of Orlando Bloom since you've seen all his movies." Well, my friends, that initially was the case (that I saw all his movies, not that I was a fan). I saw the LOTR and Pirates trilogies, but not because of him. I watched Kingdom of Heaven because of Liam Neeson and Jeremy Irons, and I watched Troy because of the cool story. I've never, and will never watch a movie just because loser Orlando Bloom is in it. Thus, the Orlando Bloom Effect was born, reserved for actors you hate, but you see their movies because everything ELSE about it sounds good. The latest addition to the club is fatty loser Seth Rogen. As much as I claim to hate him and the same characters he plays in every movie he's in, I can't deny that I've seen the 40 Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up, Superbad, Pineapple Express, and I plan on seeing Funny People (it really does look good, despite Rogen's efforts). I still hold tubby a step above Orlando Bloom because he wrote Superbad, my favorite movie of 2007. So my question to you is, who would be in your Orlando Bloom club? Remember that you have to hate them, but they somehow continue to stumble ass-backwards into okay movies.

No comments: