Sunday, April 26, 2009

POLITICS: Obama Prayer Published

*Posted July 31, 2008*

While visiting Jerusalem, Barack Obama visited the Western Wall where the custom is to scribble down a prayer on a piece of paper and place it into a crevice in the rocks. The wall is emptied out twice a year because millions of prayers are placed there.
So after Obama drops his prayer, some local yokel sneaks in and fetches it out. He then prompty sends it to the newspaper, who publishes it. The rabbis condemn this, saying the prayer is a private message between the person and his maker. Nonetheless, here are Obama's thoughts:

"Lord — Protect my family and me. Forgive me my sins, and help me guard against pride and despair. Give me the wisdom to do what is right and just. And make me an instrument of your will."

Kind of a letdown. I was hoping he would pray for the Presidency or for McCain's skin lump to be cancerous. Also in Obama news, McCain's latest attack ad compares Barack with Britney and Paris Hilton. The implication is that these three people are celebrities without having done anything to deserve their status, but that's a little harsh. Paris has done nothing, and Barack has zero political experience, but Britney Spears was a bankable superstar once upon a time.

No comments: