- *Posted December 11, 2008*
- Your Pittsburgh Steelers pulled a win out of their butt last Sunday agains the Cowgirls, and now it seems that Team Obliterator is starting to do just that to his team. According to Dallas media guru, Ed Werder, multiple sources are claiming that TO is jealous of Romo's relationship with tight end (and leading receiver) Jason Witten. Says Owens, "I seldom talk to Romo, except on the football field." Still think those tears were genuine? I couldn't be happier.
- Romeo Crennel is on the way out in Cleveland, and the Brownies are considering bringing back Marty Schottenheimer. But Marty said something far more interesting. "He said he would consider returning to the NFL in a front office role but that would be "a long shot" as well. Schottenheimer also said he might be intrigued by a chance to work with his former assistant, fellow out-of-work coach Bill Cowher.
"That would be very interesting for a couple of reasons," Schottenheimer said, according to a transcript provided by Sirius. "You know, Bill and I have remained very, very close friends throughout our NFL careers and it goes back to when he was a player and I was an assistant. I would be less than candid if I didn't say that that is, at the very least, intriguing." If Bill Cowher coaches the Browns, he can consider himself banned from this Wall of Fame.
- Willie Parker is criticizing the Steeler offense for passing too much, claiming that it's not Steeler football. He does have a point (the Steelers are 23rd in the league in running), but there are other things to consider. One: The O Line stinks on wheat. Two: Steeler football is physical running, which rules you out. Three: Even if you were completely healthy, I'll trust Mewelde Moore the rest of the season.
- I lost my last four fantasy football games to narrowly miss the playoffs. I suck. Management is considering a coaching change (Bill Cowher?).