Tuesday, April 28, 2009

WEDDING: Reception Activities

*Posted November 20, 2008*

It’s time for another installment of “My Ideal Wedding.”I have previously tackled the Wedding Cake (Super Mario), the Table Cards (Video game theme), the Tuxedo (white dinner jacket a la Bond), and the Party Favors (avatar magnets). This time around, I am going to talk about my Ideal Reception activity. On its own, receptions can be anywhere from dull to annoying based on what’s planned. Most weddings do the same old stuff (Bridal dance, bouquet toss, The stupid bird song), and some try to go the extra mile for a good time (Luau, karaoke). So what would I do? Easy. ROCK BAND. Bring in a big TV for the day and hook up Rock Band for everyone to enjoy. It beats the pants off off having one person singing lame karaoke songs. I'm not sure if this is a Fayette County thing to do or not, but I know it would be fun. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if more people were interested in that than the traditional stuff.

P.S. I dont know who those turds in the picture are, but they get the idea. Rock Band is fun.

No comments: