Sunday, April 26, 2009

FILM: Pineapple Express Will NOT be Funny

*Posted August 8, 2008*

Isn't any one else more than a little tired with Seth Rogen? It's hard to explain, because he was funny in Undeclared, funny in 40 Year Old Virgin, funny in Knocked Up, and funny in Superbad. He's also been in 3 or so animated movies in the last couple of years. Maybe it's because he essentially plays the same person in all these Apatow movies (much like Adam Sandler in his movies or Ben Stiller in rom-coms). Maybe it's because of his annoying voice, or his sucky acting skills, but I just don't like him. Therefore, I do NOT think Pineapple Express will be funny. From the guys who brought you Superbad is a story about pothead Seth Rogen (surprise) and a crazy adventure. Click here for 6 underwhelming clips from the movie. I count only one funny gag (the foot through the windshield) and one okay scene (the phone call). I really don't think I'm the only one thinking this. Rotten Tomatoes has the movie at 68%, one percentage point ahead of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (For your comparison, WALL-E earned 97% positive reviews, Dark Knight a 94%, and The Mummy 3 a 9%). Still, I plan on seeing the movie and I'll let you know of my thoughts without bias, I hope.

No comments: