Tuesday, April 28, 2009

FILM: Troy to Finally Get a Sequel?

*Posted October 25, 2008*

I thoroughly enjoyed Troy, and so I found it weird that right after I wrote the review for the DVD, Warner Bros. announced that they were in talks with Brad Pitt to work on the sequel, Homer's the Odyssey. At first, I thought "GREAT!" Brad Pitt died in Troy like he should have, but since he was also the producer, it makes sense that they are talking to him about the sequel. I wish that were true. Strike one: Sean Bean would not be back as Odysseus even though he did a wonderful job. Strike Two: Brad Pitt, who played Achilles, wants to take over the role himself. Strike three: They want the Odyssey to take place in Outer Space. WHAT?!?!? It must be the easiest job in the world to be a studio head if they get paid to greenlight trash like this. Needless to say, it's a horrible idea that I hope never sees the light of day.

No comments: