Sunday, April 26, 2009

POLITICS: GOP Convention Rolls On

*Posted September 4, 2008*

How amazing that the Republican Convention has maintained the public's interest without the help of football stadiums, Greek columns, Michael McDonald, Matthew Modine, and Melissa Ethridge. Instead, they've had a slate of awesome speeches from Rudy, Fred Thompson, and the guy I supported, Mike Huckabee (on how the Democrats consistently get it wrong about conservatives being rich: "I'm not a Republican because I grew up rich. I'm a Republican because I didn't want to grow up poor, waiting for the GOVERNMENT to rescue me!" Cue thunderous applause.). Tonight, McCain wraps up the week with his acceptance speech that will probably outline his life as a POW and a maverick, along with his plans to invest in energy and stop porkbarrels. The real highlight tonight? A FOX NEWS EXCLUSIVE. BILL O'REILLY, THE PAPA BEAR INDEPENDENT WATCHDOG, GOES ONE ON ONE WITH BARACK OBAMA. TONIGHT AT 8, SEE OBAMA SQUIRM UNDER O'REILLY'S STEELY GAZE!!!!

No comments: