Thursday, April 23, 2009

SMALL TALK WITH DAVE:

*Originally Posted April 7, 2008*

Let’s face it, internet. It’s early April, and that means a couple different things to a couple different people. But for college students (like us), you’re going through one boring pile of shit with your classes. Let’s not kid each other; classes suck big time. Professors, too. If you work part time, that probably blows as well. So this article is for all you slackers out there who need a taste of something uplifting. And that’s what I’m here for. Why am I down at the bottom of this hack webpage? Beats me. But I don’t mind, I see the opportunity it presents. I don’t know how you found this site, which is really just the Random Musings of the Bored, but if you don’t like any of the stuff listed above (Obama bowling a 37, while equal parts hilarious and pathetic, might not appeal to the far-lefties), I’m your last ditch effort to find something of value. So here’s what you should be doing RIGHT NOW…or at least when you get the chance. This is for slackers, of course.

a) Watching the There Will Be Blood dvd. I’m not gonna deconstruct the movie for you, you can find that kind of analytical pyschobabble elsewhere. I will say that it’s long and character driven. Did you like I Am Legend? Yea?! How bout Good Luck Chuck? Really? Congrats then, you’re a fucking moron! I’m happy to say this movie isn’t for you. This movie is for those who like a great plot, unique characters, Grade-A acting, and kids named H.W. For fans of real movies, this is a must see.




b) In a bad mood? Had a rough day doing whatever you do? It happens, we know. Go home and listen to Led Zeppelin’s Misty Mountain Hop. Honestly, it’s a song so good they could market it as some sort of Sobe drink or citrus beer (minor hallucinogens not included). I’m telling you, give it a listen and it’ll brighten your mood. Here’s a link if you want to hear it (it’s not a proper video, don’t say I didn’t warn you). http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hy0MLU5asxs





c) Getting tips from Dr. Steve Brule! Do you know him? Maybe not. My sister clued me into this. Played by John C. Reilly, it’s pretty much the funniest thing you’ve seen this week (no really). I’ll let you find out for yourself. No need to describe the show, just watch it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=FFYgocT4eNs

No comments: