*Posted November 20, 2008*
Not to be outdone, Entertainment Weekly just released their list of Top Sidekicks, and this could be in any form of entertainment: Film, TV, Books. Once again, we jump to the big dogs.
10. Dwight K. Schrute - Do great sidekicks normally try to overthrow the main guy? Still a good pick.
9. Tattoo - Midgets are funny.
8. Ed Norton - Honeymooner's guy, not the Incredible Hulk.
7. Samwise Gamgee - "DON'T you leave him, Samwise Gamgee. And I don't mean to. *sob* I don't mean to."
6. Dr. Watson - Good pick, especially if we're talking about the Great Mouse Detective.
5. Ethel Mertz - Worthless pick.
4. Chewbacca - What a wookie! Episode 3 diminished his legacy with that ridiculous Kashyyyk invasion.
3. George Costanza -Everyone has one friend that they all make fun of, like us with Dave.
2. Robin - Poor Boy Wonder. Never number one in his world, and not even number one among sidekicks.
1. Ed McMahon - Even if he is number one, there is no better way to kill the buzz on a countdown than list someone from before I was born (See also: Top 100 characters).
Final Thoughts: Looking at the list as a whole, I'll be the first to admit that it kind of sucks.
Post a Comment