Sunday, April 26, 2009

FILM:REVIEW: Dark Knight

*Posted July 17, 2008*

I'm not going to write a long review because I don't think it's needed for a film like this. You've no doubt heard the hype. Let me just say it lives up to it. I don't want to spoil any plot points for you because this film is something so rare that you need to go out and see it now. These kind of movies that transcend its genre and please EVERYBODY (fanboys, casuals, and critics) come around once a decade. I've seen it only once (in IMAX, which I highly recommend), yet I've already placed in my top ten movies of all time. Right now IMDb users have it ranked number 1 with a crazy 9.5 (nearly 50000 votes, compared to #2 Godfathers 9.1 rating and 288000 votes). Of course the ranking will eventually go down, but it definitely shouldn't. Go see it now. With the exception of Ugly Gyllenhaal, it's the perfect movie. A+

No comments: